Submitted by: Katie B.
Original recipe: delscookingtwist.com/
If you’re looking for a somewhat healthy treat, this is a good one. It doesn’t contain any processed sugar or flour, but rather uses dates as a sweetener and base. Being as dates generally have high sugar content, we recommend getting dates that have a lower sugar content if possible, and you can also try using less than it calls for. Remember to always get organic or raw/unprocessed ingredients when possible.
- 7.5 oz (200g) unsweetened baking chocolate or at 70% cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup (200g) pitted dates, or about 10 dates (organic if possible, use less if concerned about the sugar content)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a food processor, pulse chocolate, cocoa powder and baking soda until texture of coarse sand.
- Pulse pitted dates, then eggs, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Transfer the batter into a 8×8 inch (20 x 20 cm) baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.