Sweet Potato Chicken Kale Skillet
This is a great recipe to make if you like chicken and sweet potato. It's also gluten-free and paleo-friendly!Find the original recipe at primaverakitchen.comYou can also find more recipes we've featured in the recipe section!
- 6 bacon strips sugar-free, nitrate and nitrite-free, or substitute turkey bacon or leave out
- 2 1/2 cups chicken breast diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups kale
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- On a plastic cutting board, cut the chicken into small pieces, and season with salt, pepper, and red chili flakes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the bacon, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the skillet.
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Don’t forget to stir well. Remove the chicken and bacon from the skillet, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic, sweet potatoes, and chicken broth.
- Cook for 7 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked. It will depend on the size of the sweet potato pieces.
- Turn the heat to low, and add the kale, stirring until wilted.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chili peppers flakes.
- Return the chicken and bacon to the skillet, and stir well until combined. It will take only 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.